|Early 8th century HIR||Founding of Brandenbrass.||Factotum explicarium|
|HIR 1101||Henoticon drawn up by Empress Quintinia Excrutia Scepticus.||Foundling explicarium|
|HIR 1263||Lahzars first appear in the Sceptic Empire.||Foundling explicarium|
|HIR 1311||Brandenard is officially recognized as the common language, while Tutin is declared to be the language of politics and education.||Lamplighter explicarium|
|HIR 1352||Creation of the Slothog.||Foundling explicarium|
|HIR 1395||Battle of the Gates. The Sceptic Dynasty is replaced by the Haacobin Dynasty.||Foundling explicarium|
|HIR 1401||Founding of the Patredike.||Factotum, Chapter 14 - Mentioned in Trottinott's tour of the Patredike.|
|HIR 1413||Fayelillian is rewarded for its loyalty by the Haacobin Dynasty.||Lamplighter explicarium|
|Late 15th century HIR||Establishment of the Idlewild.||Lamplighter explicarium|
|Early 16th century HIR||The Survey Act sets land aside to grow timber for the construction of rams and cargoes.||Factotum explicarium|
|HIR 1539||Birth of Patchword Fyfe.||Factotum explicarium|
|HIR 1585||Much of the northern Soutlands are struck with a plague of consumptive palsy.||Factotum explicarium|
|HIR 1587||Bellicos sees action against the Herdebog Trought.||Lamplighter, Chapter 7 - Bellicos mentions '87 when he recognises the monster.|
|HIR 1588||Battle of Maundersea and death of Rear-Admiral Patchword Fyfe.||Factotum explicarium|
|HIR 1601|| The events of Monster Blood Tattoo.
6 Pulvis: Rossamünd is imposed pots-and-pans as a punishment.
9 Pulvis: Rossamünd serves his imposition of pots-and-pans in the Winstermill kitchens.
Ambush at Step Dribble the following day.
21 Narcis: Rossamünd and Europe part ways for the last time.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Foundling, Chapter 11 - Sallow tells Rossamünd that she got back a month ago after three years of study.
- ↑ Lamplighter, Chapter 8 - The scullery maids mention that Whympre arrived three years ago.
- ↑ Lamplighter, Chapter 10 - Sebastipole mentions that the attack occurred in Whympre's first year at Winstermill.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Foundling, Chapter 16 - Rossamünd gets Verline's letter.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Lamplighter, Chapter 6 - Witherscrawl mentions that it is the 6th when giving the impositions, two days after the attack.
- ↑ Lamplighter, Chapter 20 - Fransitart's letter.
- ↑ Lamplighter, Chapter 8 - The Snooks mentions this from her tally book.
- ↑ Lamplighter, Chapter 39 - Pile mentions this in the court-martial.
- ↑ Factotum, Chapter 17 - Grammaticus mentions that the monsters left six days before in his report dated 12 Unxis, written five days before the group arrives at Pour Clair.
- ↑ Factotum, Chapter 6 - The bill gives the date of the launching as the 2nd Domesday of Unxis.
- ↑ There is conflicting information as to the exact date of this event and the ambush the next day. Grammaticus' report dated the 12th is mentioned to have been written five days before the group arrives at Pour Clair (Chapter 17), which would make it the 17th. However Verline's letter is dated 17 Unxis, mentioned as the date of the ambush (Chapter 22), pushing the date back one day.
- ↑ Factotum, Chapter 22 - The gala is set for Midwich on the 20th.